Event 4Sustainable park management
20th – 24th of August 2018 | Denmark
The course is a part of the Erasmus+ project PROGRESS and can be taken both as a part of the Urban Landscape Engineer programme and as a part of the diploma in Park Management, with the attribution of 2.5 ECTS.
This fourth event of the Progress Project is organized by the University of Copenhagen, from the 20th to the 24th of August 2018, in Denmark.
UN’s global goals for sustainable development also focus on urban green areas, including how they are managed and maintained. More and more administrations are actively working with sustainability issues. But, what does mean sustainable maintenance of urban green areas ? How can sustainability be assessed from a biological, economic and social perspective ?
The course will include the following topics;
- Sustainability of green areas in urban context
- Management of operations in urban areas
- Sustainable maintenance including economic perspectives
Organizer : UCPH, Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management
Schedule: 1 week – 5 days. 20th of August – 24th of August 2018 from 9.00 – 17.00 and some evening activities.
Number of participants: 40 including 20 external participants from the PROGRESS project and others.
Target audience: Any professional or student who :
- Can contribute to the development of sustainable park management and maintenance including both social, environmental and economical issues
- Can collaborate with other relevant people in the development of sustainable management and sustainable green areas
- Can, in collaboration with others, devise solutions for sustainable management in urban areas
Interested in participating to this event ?
Call for applications is open from the 16th of May until the 8th of June 2018.
Please contact your reference organization
This event and this program are the sole responsibility of its authors and the Commission is not responsible for the use that may be made of the information contained therein.
This project has been founded by the EU Commission under the Erasmus+ program